Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day 22 - Clean Eating


This is BBR week. The BBR is this Friday so I am training hard first part of the week and then tapering. Carbs might increase on Wed and Thurs to fuel up for the event. Making my best effort to cut down on PB consumption. And no more late night eating of bagels! :s

Morning work out - 7:30am
Chest/tris

Breakfast - 9:30am
1 cup steel cut oatmeal w/ wheatberries w/ PB, raisins and bananas.
1/4 medium orange

Snack - pre midday workout - 11:30am
1/2 Balance bar - yogurt honey peanut
1/4 medium apple
1/4 medium orange

Midday workout - 12:00pm
shoulders

Snack - 1:30pm
Protein shake (1/2 scoop protein, pineapple, water)

Lunch - 2:00pm
Small piece of chicken breast and asparagus
1 toasted honey wheat bagel
1/4 medium orange

Snack - 4:00pm
2 baby carrots and non-fat plain yogurt for dipping (garlic powder and chopped chives) - this was not great.
1/2 balance bar
1 cup pineapple
25 soy nuts

Dinner - 7:00pm
6 oz NY Steak w/ mushrooms

Green beans, oven roasted yams and brown rice
1/2 cup OJ

Snack - 9:45pm
1 butter cookie :o
1 cup mixed honey nut cheerios and wheat squares w/ nonfat milk
2 large strawberries and 20 almonds

Note: Wow, I had the steelcut oatmeal and wheatberry mix today and it was really yummy. The texture is awesome. I was dumb and tried to cook it in a microwave here at work after having soaked the oats all night but it still took a few times of popping it back into the microwave and lots and lots of stirring. I had a feeling that I would end up having to do that but I was curious to try it. It worked out great in the end, just took forever. It even says not to cook it in a microwave. Hahah. Despite all this, it is still the best oatmeal I've ever had. Wheatberries ARE good!

Food(s) I wanted to eat today:

2 comments:

Eats Durian said...

omg you had milk haha

Eats Durian said...

what!? butter cookie?
I miss mine.