Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 32 - Clean Eating


Breakfast - 10:00am
1 cup rolled oatmeal w/ wheatberries, raisins, 1/2 banana and PB.
1/4 medium apple

Midday workout - 12:00pm
Legs
Cardio - stair climber - 35 mins - man this is just killer - I thought I was going to die!

Snack - post workout - 1:30pm
Protein shake (1/2 scoop protein, strawberries, 1/2 banana, water and ice)

Lunch - 3:30pm - went to lunch w/ a friend at the Corner Bakery and had this really yummy sandwich with no mayo. It was seriously good. They have such good stuff there.
1/2 turkey sandwich on harvest grain bread w/ tomato and avocado.

Snack - 5:50pm
1/4 medium orange
1/4 medium apple

Dinner - 7:00pm
Chicken, cucumber and hummus rolled in wheat tortilla.
1/4 piece of sandwich from lunch.

Note: Might go to the $2 movies tonight. Yay, that's how I roll. (Nope, did not end up going)

Also, 2 weeks ago, one of my coworkers gave me this really delicious Balance Bar which I think I mentioned about before. So I went to TJs one day and picked up a couple for snacks. But then I found out that you should not be eating bars for snacks since they have lots of preservatives and hidden sugar. You should only eat them if you are in a bind. Say for example, you are shopping at the Container Store on a Sunday morning and losses all track of time and then realized that you are past lunch time and are about to die from hunger but you cannot eat out because your mom has prepared a home made lunch that you promised her that you would be back for. That's when you should eat an energy bar. As you can see, it is a rare occasion that you should reach for these but those times do exist and you should be prepared. ;)

1 comment:

Eats Durian said...

haha are you trying to justify your food in bar form? I do admit that it's always good to have some kind of food on the go though.