Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 40 - TGIF!!!


Breakfast - 9:30am
2 boiled egg whites
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup rolled oatmeal w/ wheatberry and PB. (I wanted to thank sister K for alerting me that I was eating too much oatmeal, which I was) Since scaling back on the oatmeal, I have been able to eat more egg whites, which will equal to better results. I think sister K has a better sense of portion than me. It is still weird for me to eat so little at meals and snacks, but sister K seems to have gotten the hang of it.

Snack - pre-workout snack - 11:30am
1/2 toasted honey wheat bagel w/ PB

Midday workout - 12:00pm
Biceps

Cardio - 35 mins - stair climber

Snack - post workout snack - 1:30pm
Protein shake (1/2 scoop protein powder, strawberries, ice and water) - discovered that I was more hungry at night if I don't have this shake.

Lunch - 2:30pm
1/2 wheat tortilla wrap - chicken meat, avocado and hummus
1/2 cup tomato soup w/ chicken, sauteed mushrooms and a bit of brown rice
5 sticks of sweet potato baked "fries"

Snack - 5:00pm
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 of the soup from lunch

Dinner - 7:00pm - Pei Wei
2 chicken salad rolls
1/2 egg roll
bits of cabbage, spinach and brown rice from someone else's dinner

Snack - 9:00pm
1 whole egg roll from dinner
1 tsp PB out of the jar
Small serving of yogurt from Yogurtland w/ kiwi, walnuts, blueberries and gummy bears.

Note: As usual, I am feeling very sore since it is the end of the week. I normally feel very energized on Monday and wore out by Friday. I am looking forward to my rest day on Sunday! ;D

My sister J is running the Pasadena Marathon on Sunday and I will be out there showing some support. I am happy that I did not re-register for the run since I saved money and I don't have to run...hahaha. No, I didn't sign up because I am in the midst of marathon training myself and just couldn't get my act together. I love watching people run, it is so exciting and less pain..hehe. Looking forward to a wonderful weekend. I only have a short 12 miler tomorrow which I hope to do quick and fast. Next weekend is the big 22 miles and April 8th is the finale of 24 miles. Yes, I might as well just run a real marathon. I'm happy that it is almost over. I have love/hate relationship with training.

2 comments:

Eats Durian said...

we should go eat somewhere while she's running!

Julie D said...

That sounds cruel, but then again, we always do that anyway.