Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 24 - Clean Eating


Today is the last workout day for me for the week as tomorrow is a rest day and Friday is the BBR. Running 19 miles this Saturday.

Snack - 7:30am
1 cup Acai berry juice

Breakfast - 9:30am
1 cup rolled oatmeal mixed with wheatberries, bananas, raisins and PB.
1/3 medium orange
Some scrambled egg whites (spinach & mushrooms) on 1/2 toasted honey wheat bagel.

Workout - 12:00pm
Cardio (indoor spin bike for 30 mins)
Back and biceps

Lunch - 2:30pm
NY steak cubes w/ streamed broccoli, yams and mushrooms
1/2 cup strawberries
2 baby carrots w hummus

Bikram yoga - 4:30pm
This is a 90 min yoga class in a heated room :s


Dinner - 7:30pm
4 oz ground beef kebab w/ 1/2 cup bulger wheat (I forgot my camera so had to take photo with phone and it doesn't look that great.)
1 roasted tomato
Snack - 9:15pm
1 cup blackberries

Note: Ate a somewhat large breakfast today. Doing a trial and error test to see if it curbs my appetite at night. Also, I am somewhat carb loading a bit for BBR and my run this Sat. Currently, there is 30% chance of rain for Friday. If it rains before BBR starts, they are going to postpone until another date. Feels like Pasadena marathon all over again. If it rains during, they will estimate if it is unsafe to continue and make a judgement call. I will train as normal and see what happens. Overall, I think I am ready, hope it goes through.

Food(s) I wanted to eat: We went to dinner at this new place called Greek Island over at the Diamond Plaza (aka Korean center). MC went into Cefiore and got a chocolate yogurt w/ fruit and coco pebbles, mochi and oreos. I did not get any even though it was self serve. Then I went next door to 85 degrees bakery, I should not have done that as the smell was so good. Will need to take Sister K here when she comes to visit.

1 comment:

Eats Durian said...

omg that picture with the mushrooms looks soo good.
is bulger wheat okay to eat? I saw it in the dining hall but was wary due to carb-ness