Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Los Rio Tea House Review - San Juan Capistrano, CA


Since I started this blog to review tea houses, I thought that I should at least talk a bit about the Los Rios teahouse that I went to recently for my sister's bridal shower.

I must say that I am somewhat of an afternoon tea snob. I love me some fancy afternoon tea and accompaniments. If I had a choice, I would have afternoon tea and scones everyday. The Los Rios tea house is located in San Juan Capistrano's historic district next to the metrolink station. It sounds weird that it is situated next to train tracks but the area is really cute and rustic...very garden-like. Anyways, this was the first time I actually ate at this tea house. I've passed by many times before but have never gone in for some reason. Well, mainly it was because I was always in sweats and was embarassed to go into such a cute place looking like a gym rat. On this particular afternoon, I ordered the Los Rios tea service which included tea of choice, 1 large currant scone w/ cream and jam, some finger sandwiches and a fruit cup w/ brown sugar on the side..for $18.95. The price is high but not for OC. The food was ok. The tea and scone were the star of the show. The scone is just amazing and large and the tea was very good. I ordered the green jasmine infused tea, which was delicious. The sandwiches and fruit were just ok. Actually the sandwiches were nothing to write home about. Hopefully I will be visiting again but I will only be ordering the scone and tea.

No comments: