Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 100 - Tuesday - 100 days since I started clean eating! - Rest Day

Breakfast - 9:30am
1/2 cup cooked rolled oatmeal w/ wheatberries, nut mix and PB
2 boiled egg whites w/ lite soy sauce
1 new zealand kiwi

Snack - 12:00pm
1 toasted honey wheat bagel w/ PB
1 cup papaya

Lunch - 2:30pm
Sauteed ong choy and 2 dolmas that someone from work gave me yesterday (these were so good!)

Snack - 4:00pm
1 cup cherries
1 rice cake w/ PB and raisins

Dinner - 7:00pm - Santouka
Bowl of shoyu ramen
1 plum rice ball wrapped in seaweed

Note: Wow, it's been 100 days since I started clean eating. Most of those days have been clean. Some of those days, I should have eaten better but I let the good times roll because in life you cannot always eat clean. Hope the next 100 days will be just as great. My diet can always get more clean.

Running: 6 days and counting until the LA marathon. I noticed that the new marathon company sends an email out everyday since day 10 counting down the days until the race. This is new as the old company did not do that.

Morning brushing: done
Night brushing: done

Ong Choy (water spinach): I've loved ong choy ever since I was a little kid. My mom cooked with ong choy often and I've always loved it. The leaves are tasty and the branch part has a nice crunch to it. You have to cook this stuff to eat it. I have never eaten this stuff raw nor do I think it taste good eaten raw. This stuff is great sauteed and eaten plain or dipped in your favorite sauce. It is really good dipped in fish sauce with lemon juice and chili. I notice that regular markets don't sell this stuff, but they should. I have to always go get this at the farmer's market or the Asian market. I've been trying to eat more leafy green veggies and since I love this stuff it has been pretty painless.

1 comment:

Durian Eater said...

ahhhh that ramen looks so good
is that what those grape leaf things are called? didn't know...
I didn't sleep Monday night because I had an essay to write that I really didn't feel like writing and didn't really get to doing it until 4am or so hahaha.