Sunday, May 3, 2009

2009 OC Marathon - Race Recap

Date: May 3, 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Start: 7:30am
Goal: Sub 4 hours
Finish: 4:01:44

Commentary (2/8/2011): Another post I am writing way after the fact. Not much to say about this race except that at the time, I was training really hard for it. It was the first marathon that I had wanted to run a sub-4. Many years later and I still have not accomplish that goal. Good grief!

I remember at the time, I was training for this race with a lovely group of people. They were friends of one of my coworkers and they invited me to run with them. They even had a name for the group...Team Margarita! I really miss those guys and gals. Some of them no longer run distance but mainly I've just lost touch with them.


This is the only photo of me on race day. I was really proud of my time even though I did not reach my goal time. The course was average in terms of scenery and elevation. I ran the first 20 miles without much incidents. The wheels started to fall off the bus towards the last 3 miles or so. I walked about a mile at that point and knew that I would not make my sub 4 hour goal time. 


So close but no dice.

 
I like this medal! I think I may revisit this course in 2012. 

No comments: