Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Japanese Gourmet Fair

 


Can you believe it is already that time again? Yes it is the annual Umaimono Gourmet Fair coming to a Mitsuwa Market near you. And when I say "near" you, it is only true if you live near Costa Mesa, Torrance or San Diego.

The fair runs from 5/26 (thurs) to 5/29 (Sun), yes this coming weekend. I made mention of sampling the food from last year's event in this post. This year they will be hosting 2 new ramen purveyors so not only do I need to go but I need to go twice to make sure I try them both. I know, it's a tough job but somebody has to do it.

If you have never been, you should try to make it over to one because I've gotten to try many different Japanese foods that I don't normally see around these parts. They are unique treats and while some vendors seem to be a permanent fixture to this fair, others are unique to each event. 

Again, if at all possible avoid main meal hours because the parking there can get ugly. I'm serious!

2 comments:

Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. said...

Mitsuwa is awesome! I have a membership there --- a good friend of mine is Hawaiian and got me into it!

Andrea @ This Knitted Life said...

Japanese food is my absolute favorite! Can't go wrong!