Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day, Birthday and Thor!

It was an eventful weekend! Every year this weekend is always very busy because aside from it being Mother's Day weekend, it was also my youngest sister's birthday weekend. She turns 14 this year! Her official birth-date is on Tuesday. Hooray! Watch out high school!


We took her out to dinner and a movie but stopped here on the way...



We watched Thor in 3D! It is an awesome movie! What's not to like? Handsome man walking around with a red cape and large hammer. Yes, please! I would just go and see it if I were you. I don't like many movies but this one is worth seeing. 


Of course it was also Mother's Day...


...so we took our mom out for dim sum!


Oh man, by the time Sunday night rolled around, I felt like this...


Needless to say I didn't wake up early for my workout this morning so I did my run during my lunch break. It was an 6 awesome miles on the treadmill. I don't know why I don't work out at lunch more often...oh yeah because I have a job! Working out at lunch is seriously better than working out in the morning when I am half asleep. Darn job ruins everything!

Some cake action from my sister's birthday. We got her this Red Velvet Bundt Cake from the Farmers Market and it was so moist, I died! I may have had 2 pieces. Sister S also really digged the bundt cake lines as she is the official cake cutter. She said it made her job easier. :)

1 comment:

Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. said...

That cake looks seriously amazing! Glad you had a good momma's day!