Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Can't Think of A Title

I went to the grocery store after work to pick up some ingredients to make dinner. I saw this adorable Cookie Monster cake.


I made veggie noodle stir-fry with seared scallops. The scallops were huge before I cooked them. They shrink when you cook them. Maybe I just cooked them incorrectly but they tasted great.


I also picked up a box Vita Muffin Mix in Banana Nut. These were really simple to whip up. Just add 3 egg whites, some water and walnuts. Mix and bake. I used pecans since that was what I had on hand and I added some diced bananas to each muffin. Not sure if that added anything to the muffin but calories. The nuts was definitely a good idea. They added some visual interest to the muffin and a much needed crunch.


These are low fat and only 90 calories and they tasted that way, if you know what I mean. The muffin stuck to the paper liner because of the low fat content. The muffins were not very sweet but they were light. They needed something, so I smeared some PB on top.




They look so good! Just don't expect them to be more than what they are...in a word...healthy muffins!

No comments: