Tuesday, May 3, 2011

From LA to the Big Sur Marathon // Post 3 // From Laetitia Vineyard & Winery to Salinas

Since we had not found anything we liked at Saarloos + Sons we continued on our way without any plans of stopping at another vineyard. Then we saw some signs alongside the road as we continued our way on the 154. We pulled into this vineyard solely because they advertised that they had Pinot.


Photo credit to Sister K

Photo credit to Sister K


Bocce ball anyone?




I mean can you believe how gorgeous it is here because I couldn't! I had to pinch myself.






We wanted to sign the guest book but it was already very full and the pen was missing.




I took this photo for Sister S. Lets see if she can figure out why. Are you reading this Sister S? I didn't think so!


They've won a lot of prizes.



They had this large room behind the main tasting room where you can sit and look at knick knacks.


I love these lanterns!


Wine-making!


Sister K said that this reminded her of that episode of I Love Lucy when they went to the vineyard.


We sampled and tasted...


...and sampled some more. We had to be sure! ;^)



We ended up buying a couple bottles of sparkling wine and a mix blend. Sister K also purchased this truffle oil and she promised to cook for me. ;^)


Laetitia Vineyard & Winery
453 Laetitia Vineyard Drive
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
 
Back in the car we go. I did not drink and drive! I had a combine amount of a sip of wine total.

Photo credit to Sister K

One thing I wanted to do on this trip was to make sure we drove through Salinas. I am a huge John Steinbeck fan and wanted to see the place that inspired so many of his stories. Salinas had a lot of farmland...A LOT!

Photo credit to Sister K

Photo credit to Sister K

I just had to stop off at the National Steinbeck Center.

Photo credit to Sister K

We were short on time, so we didn't buy tickets to view the exhibits. Maybe next time. They also offered tasting tours of Cannery Row and Salinas. Next time. There will be more Mexican food eating next time as well. :)

Photo credit to Sister K

Photo credit to Sister K

There was a Japanese exhibit in that center as well since a lot of Japanese had worked in the field of Salinas, Sister K told me. I had not known that.

Photo credit to Sister K

Then it's was back in the car we go for our final leg to Monterey! It took us 10 hours to get from LA to Monterey but we spent most of that chunk of time in wine country so it was worth the delay. :)

No comments: