Sunday, May 15, 2011

Running=0, Shopping=1

So I know I said that I was going to go out again today to finish my long run from yesterday but I decided that perhaps a rest day would serve me better on the long run...pun intended. I have to say that I did a whole lot of this...zzzzz!


Sleeping is good! So is baking up cinnamon rolls. I'm sorry to disappoint you but these are not made from scratch. They were pre-made by that little chef that giggles when you poke him in the belly. I would love to make these from scratch one day, but today is not that day.


The Irises that I thought were Daffodils are coming in nicely.


I did get in some exercise in the form of shopping, that's a sport right? I hope so because I'm really good at it. I got this Avia sport bra for $12.99 and these Nike tempo shorts for $14.99 at TJ Maxx.


I got a 3-pack Nike headbands for $10.00 at Sports Authority, they were regular priced. I should have waited to buy these at the Nike Outlet since I will be going there in a month but I really needed these now. My hair is out of control. I'll just get more later on.


You probably don't know this about me but I am a huge skincare fiend. I have a TON of skin care products laying around everywhere. It's problematic! These two items from Clinique are among some of my favorites! The Youth Surge Night Lotion is great for someone with Combo/Dry skin and that Pore Refining Solutions I just discovered today but it does a bang up job of keeping the T-Zone "shinies" away. Trust me, I have major T-Zone shinies. Major!


I also picked up this skinny black belt by Ralph Lauren for $32 (full price from Macy's) and these Adidas socks for $5.99 (TJ Maxx)


But the big buy of the weekend are these Nike Free+ shoes. I actually didn't buy this for running but for walking around. Who knows, I might try running in them to see how they feel but they are great for walking around in. I love them! I'll let you know how they feel when used for running. That might get ugly since I normally run in stability shoes.


All that shopping made me really hungry so I went to get a snack at Brodard's.


I recently found out that they now sell Macarons there for $1 each in Taro, Coconut Chocolate, Pistachio and a couple other flavors but they were not labeled so I am not exactly sure what they were. I have to say that they were pretty terrible. I'm probably not going to get them anymore. The cookie part was dry and crumbly, it was just bad. Sorry Brodard, these are not your specialty, don't go there!


Now Teddy is giving me dirty looks.

Teddy: Get off the computer momma and take me for a walk now!

Gotta go! Ciao...see you morrow!

2 comments:

Ria said...

Cute dog! Nice shoes! Yummy macarons!

Julie D said...

Teddy types "Hyundai."