Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Taco Tuesday

Yesterday I took my first spin class in a very long time. I remember I was in my early twenties the last time I was in a spin class. It was a lot of fun and I will definitely be doing it at least twice a week now. I liked the class so much that I even went to Performance Bike to buy a pair of clip-less shoes. They are a beauty. I will show you tomorrow.

Since yesterday was Tuesday, we decided to have tacos. We went to Whole Foods for their $1 tacos except something was different this time! They use to be bigger. Then I discovered that they now offer these $1 Street Tacos (really really small ones) and Jammin' Tacos which use to be $1, except now they are $1.49. Must be inflation! I must say that they are still tasty despite the smaller size.


Haha, since I had not realized about the change in taco sizes, I was still hungry afterwards and opted to get some dessert instead of more tacos. Made sense to me at the time. This Key Lime tart is not mine, but I hear it is delicious. I got a really small piece of Vegan Apple Pie which is one of the most delicious vegan thing I've ever tasted.


And look at these adorable cakes...BBQ anyone?


They even had hamburger inspired cupcakes! I didn't get one. The cupcakes at Whole Foods are not good. At least not to me.


Oh and look at these sea creature inspired cupcakes. So cute!


Forward to today, I had a dentist appointment this morning and ended up swinging by Mother's Market for a Green Juice. I also picked up a bag of this stuff while I was there. They had samples out and it was love at first bite. This Sweet Potato and Corn Chip tastes amazing on it's own but is a total flavor explosion when paired with your favorite hummus.


I have an addiction!


No working out today. I was suppose to either run at lunch or go to Bikram or Archery after work but I found out that I had shingles today when I went to the doctor's. I actually didn't know that I even had them. I thought that I was bitten by fleas or some bug until they started to get really itchy and painful. Luckily a couple of days have already passed and I got some medications from the doctor so I am on the mend. Actually I am relieved that it is only shingles because I though some poisonous spider had bitten me and I was a goner. It's a good thing that next week is taper week. The shingles haven't affected my energy level as it can cause you to feel sick but I haven't felt anything but normal. Well aside from the pain part. These things are so painful!

5 comments:

Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. said...

You poor thing with shingles...how awful! My roomate had em' last year and she was miz! I didn't know wholefoods did taco tues?! Where have I been!

Julie D said...

Oh my goodness... young people really DO get that stuff. I had chicken pox around the same time as you... should I be worried? I think they vaccine at Walgreens nowadays. *scare*

Madison said...

Nobel4Lit: Shingles is not contagious unless you have not had chicken pox or the chicken pox shot. Someone with shingles can cause you to have CP if you have never had CF or the shot. I cannot give you shingles. It just emerges when your immune system is down or if you are under a lot of stress.

Julie D said...

Thanks, I didn't mean I was worried about getting from you... I was moreso worried that since we both got it at the same time, that it is my "due time" to get shingles on my own. You know how stressed I get, ha ha.

Glenn Jones said...

Early twenties? That was like a couple years ago, right?

Shingles? Yikes! I had CP when I was in high school and it was pretty miserable then. Get better!