Tuesday, May 3, 2011

From LA to the Big Sur Marathon // Post 2 // Saarloos + Sons Tasting Lounge

If you are ever in the Santa Ynez and Los Olivos, you need to go to Saarloos + Sons Tasting Lounge. I mean just look at how charming it looks on the outside.


Wine + cupcakes...seriously now...what's not to like?




Yes I do!


The inside is even more charming!




I really like this wall paper!





Their cupcake pairing menu changes weekly, which only means that I need to come back more regularly to make sure that I give you a more thorough review.




Black Mango Chardonnay


Chocolate Cinnamon Cheesecake


Sesame Honey Wafer


"Ridiculous"...that's what it is called, I didn't give it that name but they ARE ridiculously good!


Cute tiered cupcake holders


Heavenly! This is a flight of 6 mini cupcakes for $10. They are so moist! I wasn't sure what to expect from a wine tasting place but these are spectacular...plus they are filled cupcakes. My favorite is the "Ridiculous". Sister K liked the Sesame Honey Wafer. Like I said, if you are ever in th....no forgot that...just come here and try this. Did I mention how moist they are?

Obviously, the best time to come here is not on the weekends when everyone and their mothers are here. Try a quiet weekday. It is more peaceful and you will get all the attention. Don't come before 11am because they are not open. I mean who drinks before 11am anyways...ahem!





Someone may have gotten another flight to go. Okay it was me.



What? I was carbo loading. What?...carbo loading doesn't include tons of sugar? Pish Posh!


I leave you with this collage of the beautiful town of Los Olivos!


Saarloos + Sons Tasting Lounge
2971 Grand Avenue
Los Olivos, CA 93441
(805) 688-1200

No comments: