Thursday, February 12, 2009

Friday night cheat meal


So it is going to be Friday already tomorrow and I look forward to Friday nights every week because I get to eat my cheat meal. Cheat meal makes it sound so bad but mostly it is eating out at a Vietnamese restaurant and more often than not, that place is Brodard's. I try to limit to only 1 cheat meal a week but this gets convoluted when I am at my parents' as they tend to eat lots of "white" carb and my dad cooks everything with more oil than need be. I actually watched him cook once. He was making this pork dish in which he first covered the meat in batter than fried it, then pan fried it and covered it in some heavy sauce. He has a way of even making veggies not so healthy. I should start praising his bland foods so he will make more of those.

Anyways, I went off on a tangent but I was contemplating on my Friday cheat meal and started thinking about how many calories I actually consume at Brodard's each Friday. I can tell you that it is way too many because I ALWAYS leave that place feeling very stuffed and bad about myself. I can't help but order a ton of stuff when I go there. I will not do that this time. I will either get the spring rolls (shrimp and pork) or a bowl of bun bo hue and not eat all the meat like I normally try to do. Will be interesting to see how this weekend pans out as I might be traveling a bit to San Diego for some R&R. I eat terrible when I travel as I don't have food prepared so I end up eating only 2 meal a day and I eat in large quantity. I will pack lots of healthy snacks for the road this weekend and see how it goes.

Anyways, I found this link where someone asks how many calories are in a bowl of pho and the funny responses that follow!

http://www.yelp.com/topic/los-angeles-calling-on-all-vietnamese-yelpers

Anyhow, I figure that I have a 16-miler on Saturday morning so it is ok to be well fueled? haha. I probably have enough fuel to run from here to China and back.

No comments: