Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thai Del Mar Restaurant - Corona Del Mar, CA

You should know that I love Asian food. All kinds. I very rarely discriminate. Thai food is high up on my list because it has a lot of similar taste notes to Vietnamese food which I just adore. You should also know that I am not a big lunch eater. On most days, my lunch is neither here nor there. On rare occasions, I will get invited out to lunch but mostly they are work related. Sometimes, people actually invite me out to lunch just to eat lunch and this was one of those times. They took me to Thai Del Mar. I ordered the Shrimp w/ Asparagus/Carrot dish in a light brown sauce with brown rice. I was happy they offered brown rice. That scored major points with me.


This dish was really tasty. I went back one other time because I loved this dish so much but have not been back since. Nor have I tried anything else on the menu. The parking is not so great during lunch but that really isn't why I haven't gone back. Mostly it is because I am lazy to drive over there and as I mentioned before, I am not a big lunch eater. Now dinner is another story. By the way, if you can't find street parking in front of this restaurant, there is a small lot in the back but it is normally full during lunch hour. Your best bet is probably to park on the residential side street.


Thai Del Mar Restaurant
2754 E Coast Hwy
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625
(949) 721-9220

1 comment:

Glenn Jones said...

Have you been to Bamboo Bistro around the corner from Thai Del Mar? Kind of Vietnamese/Thai Fusion. Food is bout the same, but the atmosphere is nicer.

BTW - I just googled Thai Del Mar. Your post showed up on the bottom of the first page! Your blog is famous!