Thursday, March 10, 2011

Layer Cake Bakery - Irvine, CA

If you read this blog with any sort of regularity, you already know I have a serious sweet tooth. Seriously! Unfortunately or maybe fortunately there aren't many bakeries near where I live. Well to be fair, let's just say there aren't that many bakeries near me that I like. Layer Cake is located a few doors down from a Pho restaurant that I go to a couple times a month. Sometimes after eating Pho, I would want something sweet so this place is convenient. I hear this place is owned and ran by two sisters. 

It's a small world because the family that owns this bakery just opened up Valhalla Table, which I mentioned about in my last post. You remember? Viking dining hall! Let's hope the sausage is better than the scones. Sorry Layer Cake!


This scone was so bad that I took maybe 2 bites and threw the rest away. Life is just too short to continue eating something that doesn't taste good.


So I love macarons! They sell macarons here. These are just okay. They are about the only thing I would get again from here. This is one of the few places in Irvine that I can even find these. So sad. This green one is pistachio flavored. The light brown one is hazelnut. They have about 10-12 different kinds.



They also have cakes and cupcakes, including this red velvet cupcake but I didn't really care for it.


Updated 11/3: So I recently read about these amazing almond croissants at Layer Cake on the OCWeekly Food section, so I went back to try them. They are out of this world! They also have a chocolate filled one that is equally as amazing. If you are in that part of town, you need to do yourself a favor and try one.


Layer Cake Bakery
4250 Barranca Pkwy # I
Irvine, CA 92604
(949) 786-0223

No comments: