Sunday, March 13, 2011

Everyday Should Be Saturday

I woke up this morning at 6am to head out to meet my Saturday running group to do my final long run of 8 miles before the LA Marathon. I was in good spirit and ready to get this done. I arrived at the Back Bay, stretched, caught up with everyone as I haven't been out there with them in a couple of weekends because I was sick. Then we took off. It was a perfect day for running...overcast. At around mile 5, I decided that instead of 8, I would just do 10 miles. I got some good miles in and completed 10 miles in 1:26. I believe I ran a negative split as I went out pretty slow. This run gave me back a lot of running confidence that I have lost over these past couple of weeks. I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

After my run, I cleaned up and headed over to Sister K's to pick her up for lunch. We ended up at this popular little sandwich and tea restaurant.


Urth Caffe!!


Urth = Welsh for "Earth"


Entrance into the restaurant.


Look at those little pies. Looks so good!


...and more decadent desserts.


I decided to stick with a healthy lunch so I started with the Mixed Veggie juice and Sister K went with a green tea Chai latte.


Yum!


Juice!


Sister K ordered what looked like brown rice veggie sushi w/ a side salad.


I ordered the Rustic (2 medium poached eggs over rustic bread topped with olive oil, chopped tomatoes, onion and capers. This was amazingly delicious. The eggs were poached just right and was nice and runny. Everything about this dish just worked so well together. Everything on Urth's menu sounded so fresh. They take such care to prepare each dish. You can tell by the presentation and the flavor combination.


What's for dessert? To be continue...

1 comment:

Southbaygirl said...

"I'll just run 10"...I think you are ready!!

I plan on being on the LA marathon course somewhere between mile 22-24...I hope I see you!