Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away, Come Again Another Day...

Seeing this when I looked up the weather for LA this morning for Sunday's forecast definitely put a damper on my running spirit. It makes me half nervous! I say "half", because I I know I can run a half marathon in a heavy down pour (ref: Surf City 2008) but a full is another story.


Sadly I won't get to wear my tutu after all. But at this point that is about the least of my worries. I have many concerns obviously. Here are just a few:

1) Wet running shoes --> blisters
2) Wet running clothes ---> chafing
3) Slipping and falling
4) Catching a cold
5) Not many spectators will be out partying like in previous non-rain years. 

On the other hand, if I were 8 years old again, I would be so excited to get to play in the rain. In fact if I get totally drenched, I just might jump around in all the puddles. For sure, I am going to make a silly face or do a silly pose when I run by a photographer because I am running this race in the silly rain. Oh why can't the rain be pushed out to an uneventful weekend!

1 comment:

Glenn Jones said...

I don't think it ever got to 62 yesterday! Brrrr!