Friday, March 25, 2011

My Crazy Running Calendar This Year

If you look to the right sidebar, you will see that I've signed up for a butt ton of races this year. Well, more than normal for me. I've signed up for a total of 6 marathons and ~5 half marathons so far. I don't intend to sign up for any more marathons but there could potentially be more halves, a trail race or two, maybe some 10Ks. Without going into too much details, I've just decided that I wanted to run more because I can. I have a condition and was terribly sick the later part of last year and the earlier part of this year and it made me realize that there is no time like the present to do the things I love. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. Carpe Diem!

I've already completed the LA Marathon so I have 5 more marathons to go. This coming weekend, I will be doing this 10K with Sister K. That's a lot of "K" in that last sentence. 


Then I will be headed here to run a marathon...

Source

Then I am going to revisit this course since I had a good ol' time there last year.


The Ojai to Ocean Marathon! The race that I will be training from now until June to best my marathon time. There I said it. No backsies.

Source

Two weeks after that I will be making this climb. Thanks to Glenn "on the mend"! ;) I better see you out there Glenn cause I'm not doing this alone.


Somehow I ended up committing to coming back here to finally get that large round medal I've wanted for two year now. Okay, I didn't just accidentally fall and signed on the dotted line. Another person convinced me. I know, so suggestible. Two words! Carpe Diem?


There is a good chance I will be going back to get another one of these!


Then it's off to the Happiest Place on Earth to run what I am sure will be the cutest Half ever.

Source

Then I might be here again since our Napa Ragnar Team was not able to get our act together. :(


If I don't get the PR time I want at Ojai to Ocean, I will try my marathon luck again here...

Source

My one and only Rock and Roll for the year!

Source

If they select me in the lottery, I will be headed here in November to say hello to Lady Liberty.

Source

If not...I will be here the following weekend anyhow...
Source

The year will end with this fun race with the cool looking medal!

Source

There you have it! My race schedule in pictures. I'm sure I'm going to manage to insert a couple more races here and there. Who knows! See you on the other side. Ciao!

1 comment:

Glenn Jones said...

Oh wow. Ojai to the Ocean? Maybe I can talk myself into getting into shape....