Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2011 // Photo-A-Day // Day 1

Have you ever seen those blogs where people would post one photo everyday for a year. Well I am going to be doing something similar during the month of March, which started yesterday. I am only doing March because I just can't commit to doing this for 365 days. At last not yet. Please note that my photo-a-day will always be posted one day later. There was no particular reason why I selected the month of March to do this. I just thought it would be fun to do so. So starting today until March 31, I will post a random photo everyday. I promise to try to make the photo of something that means something to me.

March 1 photo - this is a Vietnamese guitar otherwise known as "Dan nguyet" or 2-stringed fretted moon lute. This instrument is used in many Vietnamese songs. It produces a bending tone produced by it's low tension strings. I was born in Vietnam and have heard lots of Vietnamese music growing up. They always sound so sad, like some country music songs. It is this instrument that helps to create that mood.

No comments: