Friday, July 22, 2011

Wined and Dined

The other night my sweetie took me out for a fancy dinner. In the middle of the week. At Ruth's Chris! I don't think I had ever eaten at this place before, so I was a happy girl. It was dimly lit inside as we were seated. Definitely one of those places for romantic dates and business dinners. He looks over at me, smiles and says..."you fancy, huh?" Yeah he says things like that. So I looked at him and said...Yeah "dating [my] a$$ ain't cheap!" I know...it's all very romantic around these parts. @_@


We shared a glass of 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon "Uppercut" from Napa. It was dry, just the way I like it. I really need to drink more wine. How else will I learn about it? Am I right?



Warm bread and butter! You would expect the bread here to be amazing but I've actually had better.



Those curtains there isn't to create some dramatic backdrop. They are there to hide all the traffic on a very busy street. Insider secret...shhh don't tell anyone.


We both decided to order the tasting menu since it took all the guess work out.


He started with the Caesar Salad.


I got the Chilled Gazpacho Soup with Colossal Crab Meat. This is a chilled tomato soup and it was very good with the crab meat. Crab is the theme of my dinner tonight!


For his entree, he went with the Ribeye.


I ordered the Sizzlin' Blue Crab Cakes which was amazing! The crab meat was sweet and plentiful. I only ate one lump, it was very rich but delicious!


We shared a side of Sauteed mushrooms. So good!


Garlic Mashed Potatoes - I didn't have this but it is one of the more popular sides here as I saw many people order this.


...and Green Beans with Roasted Garlic. These were so good! Heavy on salt and butter...that's why! ;)


Strawberry Shortcake with Chocolate & Pecan Truffles - this was both light and summery and rich at the same time because it is essentially 2 different dessert items on the same plate. The chocolate was really rich and sweet. The shortcake was just okay. The cake part was kind of blend and ordinary. It was nice to have something sweet to close out the meal.


Doggy bags! Not for doggies but maybe for me for lunch the next day! :D


2961 Michelson Drive
Irvine, CA 92612
(949) 252-8848

1 comment:

Glenn Jones said...

Oooo! You need to try Morton's over at South Coast Village now. My absolute favorite steak house....