Monday, July 18, 2011

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

Last year around this time, I took M out to kayak on his birthday. We had kayaked before at Catalina but on one of my Back Bay runs, I had noticed people kayaking around the inlet, so we decided to go and check it out.

This photo was from when I went last year. As you can see it was overcast and earlier in the morning.


Remember on Saturday morning when I took this photo of the Back Bay inlet on my long run? Well today I took pictures from the water. We've come full circle people.


Yesterday morning, I asked Sister K if she was interested in kayaking and she exclaimed YES! It was a much prettier day yesterday. Nice and sunny! For $20/hour you too can get buff arms and a tan while you're at it. Oh wear sunscreen though because you will get burned if you don't.



Life jacket, check. Paddle, check. Okay, let's head out!


What a beautiful day!


No sleeping on the job! This is not a pleasure cruise!


Row, row, row!


Ahhh! So relaxing.


Crane! 


After paddling around for an hour, our arms were pretty tired, so we headed back. Great upper body workout. Wasn't today suppose to be my rest day? No rest for the weary.





That's it...now go out there and experience life!


No comments: