Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pistachio Fling

I got to the gym this morning and realized that I really was not in the mood to run on the treadmill. So I decided to go run outside. It's been quite awhile since I've ran outside during the week. No good reason really except I was avoiding the sun and uncontrollable environment. I think I just got too comfortable on the treadmill with the ability to control inclines and having my water and towel right there in front of me.

Let me just say that I don't know why I stopped running outside because it was such a nice run. I did 4.5 miles and it went by very quickly. It was already warm outside even at 6:45am so I was glad to be done with this early.

Speaking of warm, I tested out the Shuffle armband the other day on a run and discovered that the device was still getting some moisture due to condensation. The device is cold and my arm is warm and sweaty when I am working out and there is just no way to get around this fact. I just hope my new Shuffle will go at least another year before I have to replace again. I know for a fact that I will be going back to Apple in a few months to renew my warranty. 


Then at lunch I went to spin for an hour. I found my heart rate monitor that came with my Garmin 305 and had every intention of using it to see what my heart rate is doing during spin but at last the stupid thing would not catch my heart rate for some reason. I did some research and will try fiddling with it this evening to see if I can get it to work in time for tomorrow's spin class.


I was really hungry after spin today. Luckily I had picked up this turkey/tomato/lettuce/mayo wrap before class. I only ate half. I guess I was not as hungry as I had thought.


Now if I fit in a swim this evening, I can pretend that I am training for a triathlon. Speaking of triathlon, the Cupcake Activist posted about an upcoming event called Munchathon. It is essentially a 5K race that involves eating on the course. I'm tempted and curious at the same time about this inaugural event but not sure if I am ready to commit yet.

Someone has a grooming appointment tomorrow. I'm not going to say who but someone.


Lastly, I'm obsessed with pistachios. At first, I thought it was a one bag fling but now it is getting serious as I've already eaten 3 bags all myself in a period of 2 weeks with no signs of slowing down. I think I even love them more than almonds now. What? I need to slow this train down.

I just wish that they were all easy pickin'. A couple of them like to play hard to get but I am patient. Sooner or later I will get them out of their shells.

No comments: