Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Seasons 52 - Costa Mesa, CA

I was surprised with a dinner date at Season 52 after work yesterday. I've been wanting to try the food here for quite some time so I was very excited when we pulled up in front of this restaurant. I've been here a couple of times before, but only to have dessert shots. I even came here once with Sister K just to eat dessert in the middle of the afternoon. I love me some dessert shots!

Seasons 52 offers 4 seasonally inspired menu, which means that their menu changes each season to bring you the freshest tasting produce. I believe the 52 is the number of items they regularly have on their menu. Plus, they do not use butter. Seriously?

They have very knowledgeable servers that knows the menu up and down and can recommend wines to go with your meal. I believe our server also mentioned that all of their dishes are under 500 calories.


We got there early, so we sat at the bar with a glass of wine until our reservation time. I ordered a glass of the (Chehalem 3 Vineyard, Willamette '08), it was a dry Pinot Noir. I liked it. I'm really happy that I went wine tasting with Sister K that one time and learned that I like my wines dry.


Steak and Cremini Mushroom Flat-bread with spinach and no cheese (by request) - somehow I just know that this would have tasted so much better with cheese on it.


Oak Grilled Filet Mignon - very tender!


Caramelized Sea Scallops w/ Roasted Asparagus and Tomato/Mushroom Pearl Pasta - this was tasty and had a nice lemony freshness to it! It was very light.


Dessert shots! Honestly, I came here to eat this. ;o) Dinner was just a warm-up.



I practiced some self control and only had one. This is like a deconstructed Reese PB cup but better!


Seasons 52
3333 Bristol Street
Suite #2802, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 437-5252

No comments: