Monday, June 13, 2011

Asahi Ramen - Los Angeles, CA

The other day we went to visit Sister K since she has been busy with finals and work and I haven't seen her in ages. Originally it was going to be just me and her but it turned into a small group meal so we ended up coming here to Asahi Ramen as a compromise to everyone's different taste buds. Well, that's not entirely true. We were originally suppose to eat at Hide Sushi but the wait was just too long. So we went across the street and that's when we saw Asahi Ramen.



The inside of Asahi Ramen.

Source




Everyone gets a small plate of this pickled cucumber. 


Gyoza - these were good. 


Sister K ordered the Soba. She said it was good. I guess this is one of those dishes is hard to mess up.


I shared this bowl of Kimchi Ramen with one of my other sister. This ramen is obviously Korean based. The noodles are softer than what I normally like but it was still good. The portion is on the large side but I still saw people ordering extra noodles and sprouts. Some people can put it away. The surprising thing was that even though this broth looks red, it was not that spicy. It had a nice spiciness, plus it wasn't salty which is always a plus in my book. I can't speak for the others but I actually liked this and would come back and order this again if we come back.


After dinner, we walked around Sawtelle a bit and I saw people setting up this table of goodies inside a store so I stepped back to see what this store was. 


Giant Robot 2...hmm, the store name was not very helpful in helping me determine what this store was.


Turns out it was an art store. 


There is a little Yorkie in this piece of art at the lower right-hand corner with a bra in it's mouth. The real life Yorkie that inspired this piece was there in person. I should have taken a photo of him but I forgot. 


I call this piece, Two Sitting Shibas, that's not the actual name but that's what I call it.


Asahi Ramen
2027 Sawtelle Blvd.,
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 479-2231
11:30am - 9:00pm (Mon-Wed, Fri-Sun)
Closed Thursdays

No comments: