Friday, June 10, 2011

Pete's Breakfast House - Ventura, CA

Pete's Breakfast House was another Yelp find except I didn't really like it that much. Maybe it was because they didn't offer Eggs Benedict which was a big let-down or maybe it was just because they were just average. I waited for a table for 20 minutes for this??? Not only that but shortly after we were seated they asked if we could move because someone else wanted to sit at that table because they had bad knees. I was already settled in but I didn't want to be a jerk so I picked up all my stuff and moved to another table. Except this table was along a walkway and people kept bumping into my chair the entire time I was eating. I can tell you that I'm not coming back here anymore. It is old, cramped but not in a cozy way and service can be iffy.


Art seems to be a big thing in Ventura and Ojai, so there are paintings for sale hung up on walls everywhere you go. It was at our hotel and in most of the restaurants we ate at.



What?!? No Eggs Benedict!


I decided on the Working Person's Breakfast which was 2 eggs over medium, fruit instead of potatoes and raisin toast (no butter).


It was pretty good. The fruit was fresh and varied.


This was ordinary. Just your run-of-the-mill raisin toast. I only ate one piece. I guess I am not much of a toast person. I believe the waitress informed me that the strawberry jam was homemade. It was good jam.



Dining companion's breakfast. I think he ordered the same thing I did but he left everything the way it was with no subbing and added bacon and sausage...


and of course...Waffles!


Pete's Breakfast House
2055 E Main St
Ventura, CA 93001
(805) 648-1130

1 comment:

Julie D said...

We need to go to More Than Waffles (though it's far for you but not like Ventura! maybe after SB Marathon... but it closes at 2).