Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cruising Into Ventura

Last week around this time, I was checking into my hotel in Ventura getting ready for the Ojai Marathon. But earlier in the day, I repacked all my stuff from the unpacking I did from my Vegas trip and this guy...


He is a nervous traveler. He is mostly good when the car is in motion but he gets crazy when the car slows down or comes to a stop. He is often really excited about getting out of the car and exploring what's outside. This trip was a treat for him since he has never traveled with me to a race or hotel before. He did good for the most part.

The Crowne Plaza...ah let's never stay here again. :s Yeah sure it looks nice in the lobby but that's about where all the nice ends.


I still get rattled about that loud train that passes by every night. I actually saw a wedding take place near by and the wedding party was staying here. This place must have some special meaning to them because it is not much. Good grief!


Irk, what a gloomy day it was. Good running weather though. It rained on that wedding that I mentioned above. That means good luck for them right?


Someone just made himself right at home.


After we dropped the pup off at the hotel and before we decided to go do more outlet shopping at the Camarillo Outlets...yes more shopping...can you believe it?! We decided to come here for lunch because I did my homework before we got here and the locals really like this place.


It's not fancy but it IS tasty!



Horchata! Someone I know was in heaven. 





Torta!


Chorizo Sope - dining companion informed me that these were THE best Sope he has ever had. We came back the next day and he got 3 more. That was how good these are!


Suadero and Carne Asada Tacos - people rave about the Suadero but I personally liked the Carne Asada more.


This was also the place where I got that Breakfast burrito that I ate after the marathon. It had scrambled eggs, spanish rice, refried beans and pico de gallo in it. It was pretty amazing and took me 3 sittings to finish it. This place was pretty darn good and I'm not a big Mexican food fan. So come here if you are ever in town.


Cuernavaca Taqueria
1117 N Ventura Ave
Ventura, CA 93001
(805) 653-8052

1 comment:

Julie D said...

Mexican food = YUM!