Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bowl of Cherries

Before I went to bed last night I thought about going for a run this morning...for about 2 seconds and then decided that I wanted to sleep in and go to the Farmers Market bright and early to get first pick at all the amazing summer produce. It was a good choice. Three 1-hour spinning classes in one week was apparently enough to make me not want to run today. Anyhow, if you have not been to a farmers market in a while, I just want to let you know that the summer fruits and veggies are perfect right now. If you do get the chance, go and have a look. June is about the absolute most perfect time to go to a farmers market.




Folks, guess what? The cherries are ready. They are large, ripe and juicy! I might have purchased about a million pounds myself. Get them while the getting is good.









Yum! A bowl of cherries as promised. ;o)




So many cherries, so little time!


Oh and stone fruits are also ripe and perfect. I love summer!


I also picked up two grapefruit because I've been having the strangest craving for grapefruit. These are so sweet.


Rum Cake anyone? I have to admit that I do stop here every time I go to the farmers market. Not only are they generous with the samples but there are a couple of people I know that love this cake...including me. Really good! Plus they offer more than just rum cake. They have chocolate (PB, german, coffee), carrot, red velvet...there's more, I just can't remember it all off the top of my head.


They are called Dolce Monachelli's! Remember that! :o)


I also found these Russian tea cookies that I just adore at the Blackmarket Bakery stall. I've been meaning to write a review about Blackmarket Bakery. Perhaps this was the reminder that I needed because they are so delicious.


Perhaps I'll go for a run tomorrow when there isn't a farmers market going on. I probably will need to after I'm done with those Russian cookies. Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I'll be back next week to maybe talk more about running but most definitely about food.

No comments: