Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Random Wednesday Post

So I have a couple of random photos that I had meant to talk about in some earlier postings but somehow they never made it on the blog. So here they are all together in this misfit post. 

1) Sister K recently came back from a business trip to Orlando and she got me this Alice in Wonderland tea brewer from Disney World as a souvenir. You know because I love tea. Plus some coconut patties because I heart anything coconut. Thank you Sister K!


I haven't put it to use yet but I love the details. Such as this teacup lid ornament. Love!


And the cutouts in the shape of the the characters. If you look closely, you can see the White Rabbit.


2) I started shopping at Old Navy recently and I really like their clothes all of a sudden. I have seen them around my entire life and my sisters shop there frequently, not sure how I missed the boat. Maybe they just recently got better. Anyhow, I got this outfit for around $17, the shorts were on sale for $10 and the top was $7. That top is so soft and I love those shorts.


3) Boiling eggs! I eat a lot of hard boiled eggs. I never knew how to make them. I would wait for M to make them and then steal them for snacks. One day he told me it was time that I learn to make it myself. That was the best day ever. Now I supply my own hard boiled eggs. :)


All you have to do is bring a pot of water to a rolling boil (make sure you have enough water in there so that all the eggs will be submerged). Then gently put the eggs in (I use a soup ladle to make sure I don't drop the eggs in and crack them). Turn the heat down a bit so it doesn't boil over. Boil for 8 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully dump out the water (it's okay if you don't get all the water out). Run cold water over the eggs and just let them sit until cool. Put in storage container and refrigerate if you are not eating them right away. Now you have hard boiled eggs for the rest of the week.


4) Yep, I'm shopping for decor for a baby shower. This was a few weekends ago I think.



We didn't pick this one but I thought it was so cute!


5) Packed up Cabbage Patch dolls the other night and headed to see my favorite triplets. These bags were large! I had missed their birthday party this past weekend so this was a "redo".


Happy 2nd Birthday Girls! <3


Random enough for ya? It was for me!

No comments: