Tuesday, August 16, 2011

9 Miles Monday - A Day Late

Yesterday morning I did something that I haven't done in a while...namely run to work. I use to try to do it twice a week but it *is* a 9 mile run after all...which is still some substantial mileages. I don't think I have ever done it on a Monday since I am normally so tired from jam-packing my weekends full of activities. Yeah I'm one of those people that tries to squeeze every last drop of time out of their weekends. I personally think this may be too much since sometimes I need a vacation from my weekends. But yesterday, I felt good and so I headed out and completed 9 miles. I have a race this coming weekend so I think I may run one more 9 miler with some spinning in between. Should be good enough! After this race, I really need to buckle down and focus on my training for the Long Beach Marathon, I have PR aspirations and they won't accomplish themselves.

After work, we headed to M's parents' house for game night. But first a dinner stop. But where? There are nights when I am at a lost of what I want to eat for dinner. Last night was one of those nights. I wasn't sure what I wanted. Salad, sandwich...it was at that point that I remembered that there was a Japanese restaurant down the street from M's parents' house. When we got there I had forgotten that La Men was right next door. I've past by La Men many times before but thought that it was a Chinese restaurant. It isn't. I even made fun of the name by integrating it into the popular song...Raining [La] Men. Yes, I am 12 years old at heart.

La Men is actually a ramen restaurant! Not sure how I missed that all these times. But I was so happy because it is difficult to find something that I like to eat in that area outside of Cafe Hiro.



Get it your way!



Some inside wall decorations.


I decided to go with the Kimchi Shoyu Ramen. This item is new so it isn't currently on their regular menu but I love kimchi ramen when it is done right so I was curious to try this out. I got this to go which is why there are two containers in this photo.


Included in the Kimchi Ramen is a slice of pork, a piece of seaweed, half of a hard boiled egg, chopped green onions and of course the kimchi. The broth was a little salty and tasted like they stewed a couple pieces of kimchi in shoyu broth, instead of an actual kimchi broth. I've had better versions of kimchi ramen. The noodles were nice and chewy but I don't know if I am a fan of this kimchi ramen. I definitely need to go back and eat here a couple more times and try out the Tonkotsu ramens before I give my final verdict. Overall, I enjoyed it and will likely eat here again. Decent noodles but the broth needs work.


Content of the Chicken Shoyu Ramen.


Pork Shoyu Ramen - this was pretty good. The pork was tender!


La-Men
10488 Valley View St
Buena Park, CA 90620
(714) 952-1258

No comments: