Friday, April 8, 2011

Zachary's Pizza - Oakland, CA

Way before I ever tasted Giordano's Chicago Style Pizza, one of my first encounters with deep dish was here at Zachary's Pizza in Oakland. It's a far way to drive for this SoCal girl but I was already in the area. For a race of course...the 2009 SF Half Marathon. The B-I-L raved about this restaurant when I mentioned to him that I was going to SF. It was only natural that I go and check it out and see what the fuss was all about.

Now that I've had Giordano's, I must say that it is better than Zachary's but I am no pizza expert by any means. I can't really even tell you why I like one over the other since it has been many years since I've had Zachary's but I do remember that I did liked the Giordano's crust and sauce better and I had that last year so the memory is fresher.


Heavenly? Hmm!


It was pretty empty when we arrived because I think we either arrived just before or right after the lunch crowd. Good timing.




They are Zagat rated and Michelin Guide Recommended.


Muhahaha!

Credit to Sister K


I like my pizza with pineapple and anchovies but not everyone did so I got them on the side. Also, yes I am eating pizza here even though I am lactose intolerant but this was a few years ago when I didn't really care about my health that much and I was a bit younger and a little bit more foolish. I'm still foolish these days but pizza is a no-go for sure.


Zachary's Pizza - Various Locations
5801 College Avenue
Oakland, CA
(510) 655-6385

No comments: