Monday, July 27, 2009

2009 San Francisco Half Marathon

Date: Sunday - July 26, 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Time: 5:30am
Finish: 2:11:00

Ah San Francisco, how do I love thee! With your strangely cold summers and your hilly race course that brought tears to my eyes...especially since I was sick as a dog but decided that I didn't want to waste my race entry fee. I clocked in one of my slowest half marathon time ever, a close second only to a Long Beach Half Marathon I did many years ago when I was new to long distance running. I had a wonderful time on the trip but the running part was not great. I had a terrible cough that lasted 2 months and this race was at the mid point of that infection. When I crossed the finish-line, I was light headed but had a nice time running the course. I still might go back one of these years and do the full marathon. It was all pretty fuzzy to me running this half so I want to go back and really take it all in. San Francisco is such a fun place to visit but I don't think I would want to live here. But I'll be back.

Looking happy with Sister K but we are freezing on the inside...oh and the outside!


Ghirardelli Square...umm too short to get the whole word into the photo. :(


The Half Marathon medal was about 1/3 the size of the marathon medal. It is actually a key-chain!


So this is me crossing the finish line. I had to look through the lost and found photo page to find this since my bib was pinned to my sweatshirt and I got too hot mid run and tied it around my waist. Let's remember never to do that again.


Not my ice cream but it was a madhouse in the Ghirardelli Chocolate and ice cream shop.

I was eating these Ginger Chews on the car-ride all the way up to SF. They are really tasty. I get car sick sometimes, but these worked great.


We passed by a hot dog cart on our walk back from the expo to the hotel.

Credit to Sister K

So we got a Chicago-style dog.
Credit to Sister K

I'm a bad blogger as I just remembered that I had forgotten to take any photos of the expo. This photo was of a pizzeria that we passed by on the way back to our hotel from the expo. It was a long-ish walk so we got hungry on the way back. Sorry, I cannot remember the name of this restaurant.


The Supreme Pizza that everyone shared. 


This is the Margarita Pizza that Sister J and I shared. It had no cheese! :D

1 comment:

Julie D said...

Oh, memories! I hope my next trip up there is Foodbuzz (we'll see about that).