Thursday, April 28, 2011

One Afternoon in Little Tokyo

A couple of weeks ago, Sister K and I decided to take a little drive to Little Tokyo. Strangely enough we were not there for teriyaki or ramen or udon but instead we were actually looking for Paulette Macarons which recently opened a location in Little Tokyo. I guess macarons are big with the Japanese crowd. Paulette was actually situated inside a large shopping center.

We saw this as soon as we exited the parking structure.


Tako-Yaki anyone?



We decided to share a Red Bean Oban-Yaki. This was just okay. Not as good as what you will find at a Genki Living near you. I really miss the Tai-Yaki from Genki Living.


Little Tokyo Galleria


There were these giant flowers hanging from the ceiling. They were beautiful!


Flower theme continues inside in a display case. This display case surrounded an escalator.


Paulette


Strawberry Cones Stand, I've never eaten at one but Sister K was familiar with them.



Beard Papa's


Beard Papa's = cream puffs! ;^)


There was a home-store there as well. I guess they are going out of business so everything there was 20%. I bet these would be lovely in a garden.


Lots and lots of dishes to be looked at...




...including these cute kitty plates.


Japanese teas


Paper weights


Tetsubin, cast iron teapots! I almost purchased one. I'm not sure why I didn't. They were so beautiful!



Legend of Daruma! This is really neat and could make your dreams come true.



After we were done walking around inside the shopping center, we wandered outside and noticed lots of people that day out biking, rollerskating, running...except they were doing this on closed street. I didn't know what it was until I Googled it later. It is an event called CicLAvia! What a great idea this is! I hope to join in next time!

No comments: