Friday, April 15, 2011

Apple & Sage Pork Chops

I recently got an upgrade to my cable package so now I get the Cooking Channel. Big Whoop, right? It is for me. I love food! The other night I watched one of Jamie Oliver's new show called Jamie's Food Escapes and he was traveling around France cooking up local recipes. Those recipes look so delicious. It made me so excited about my trip to France next year! Country French cooking is so different from fancy French cooking. It is more rustic and looks absolutely yummy! I've actually been thinking about those recipes since I watched that show the other day. So when I was at the market today, I was inspired to make something like what I saw on the show. Obviously I am no cook and this is what followed.

Ever seen those commercial for these McCormick spice meal inspirations packets. You know the commercial..."have an idea but no ingredients...have the ingredients but no idea". Yeah that one! :oP

I decided to pick up a couple of these packets and test them out. So what's for dinner tonight? Apple & Sage Pork Chops. You should know that I've never made pork chops before so this will be interesting.


The recipe was really simple and sounded delicious.


I decided to make a little salad to go with the pork chops. This was inspired by Jamie.


I tossed together cut-up radishes, cornichon (little tiny pickles), and sweet peppers in a little bit of balsamic vinegar.


This recipe called for 2 red apples but I only used one because two seemed like two much at the time but it cooks down. Looking back, I should have used two because the apples were so good.


Chopped onions and apples.


Pork chops all spiced up and ready for the hot pan.


Tada!


I served the pork chops on a bed of quinoa and chopped squash that I purchased in the frozen section at Trader Joe's. The quinoa was perfect with this dish. Overall, this was really good. The pork chops came out perfectly cooked thanks to the recipe card. I will definitely be making this again.

No comments: