Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lucille's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que - Tustin, CA

I'm not a big meat eater but my dearest is. He humors me by going to rabbit food places so the least I can do is return the favor. I'll never be able to convince him that meat is not one of life's essentials. Yeah, he's watched Food, Inc and Corn King and movies like that. Plus, I think at one point I talked endlessly about Michael Pollan. He still likes meat, period! I'm not really one to try to change something so ingrained in someone. I feel like that is a personal choice that people have to decide for themselves. Especially when it comes to food. I'm passionate about the foods I like so I'm sure everyone is as well to certain extents. I'm not so much with the saying of..."if you can beat them, then join them!" but ultimately that is what this would seem like. This is not the first time I've been here, so I thought it was time to write up a proper review for it. There isn't a whole lot of options here for you if you do not eat meat so don't even bother coming here. It is what it is!




It was a nice day for outdoor dining but not nice enough for me to sit outside yet.


So inside we went.


I really like these orange booths. Seems very cheery!




These rolls are okay, I'm not a fan of the sugar topping.


Pork ribs - Nice smoky flavor to them but fatty.


My honey ordered the Pulled Pork Sandwich with a side of baked beans.


I wasn't really that hungry so I ordered a side of collard greens, which was really good.


Plus, a plain baked potato...


...with this on the side. After the fact, I wasn't sure why I even asked for this since I can't even eat it. Stupid.



Lucille's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que
2550 Park Avenue
Tustin, CA
(714) 259-1227

1 comment:

Glenn Jones said...

If you liked Lucille's, then you *must* go to Johnny Rebs in Orange. Southern food is my favorite. Sweet tea is like crack!