Wednesday, January 6, 2010

April Race Consideration


So I was originally going to run the Ragnar Relay with some running friends but I don't think that is panning out after all. It is very commital on everyone's part and I guess there was not enough interest. Anyways, now that I am no longer holding that race on my calendar, my April has freed up. I was thinking of doing the La Jolla Half again running point to point from Del Mar to La Jolla. I did this race in '08 and remember that it was hot and hilly but beautiful. I also remember drink water that volunteers scooped up from a trash can lined with a plastic bag but whatever. I am probably going to stay at the same place I did last time which is steps away from the start and really nice. This run is fair inexpensive, free carbo dinner and beautiful course. Currently this is at the top of my list.

A running friend was telling me about Agoura Half which I have wanted to do for many years now but it falls into the weekend right after I run LA so I don't think that would be a very good idea. I still want to do that race someday.

Third on my list of consideration is either the Santa Barbara Wine Country Half or the OC Half. I've done both before and one will obviously be less expensive than the other. So I have a couple of options at this point but I need to move since those deadlines just always seem to sneak up on you.

1 comment:

Julie D said...

Well, April can always be "off." I am not sweating this at all, maybe because I am so busy and will appreciate the time off from racing. Yeah, there aren't really many other choices for races in that time period.