Sunday, November 27, 2011

Battambang Seafood Restaurant - San Gabriel, CA

On the eve of Sister's S's baby shower, I had taken off that Friday from work to help with the set up. We decided to get some lunch before we started with the setup. We met my brother-in-law for lunch at Battambang Restaurant, a Cambodian and Seafood restaurant. Go ahead and make fun of the name because I did for the longest time. It just sort of rolls off your tongue. I was calling it Bada Bing for a while.


I forgot to take a photo of the inside of this restaurant but it is huge! People have wedding receptions here just to give you an idea of the size. This place also has an extensive menu. It gives the Cheesecake Factory's menu a run for it's money. Just look at the drink pages alone. 


Unfortunately, they were out of almost everything on that drink menu that day I was there. After asking for six other things they were out of; I finally ordered something that they did have, Pennyworth drink (rau ma). It was strangely expensive at $3 a glass since you can find it much cheaper anywhere else in this part of town.


My sister and I decided to order the Hu Tieu Trieu Chau Kho combo. She tells me that this is one of her most favorite things to eat at this place. My sister and I have very similar taste buds so I knew that I had to try it.


Pork soup that came with the dry noodle bowl. Very flavorful!


Dry noodles dressed in a soy sauce with sliced and ground pork, fish meatballs and shrimp. 


Here is a better shot of the noodles. My sister was right, this was very good! She was also right about the fact that it tastes just like something our mom would make. It was such a simple dish but it tasted like home to us. So you can make fun of the name but this dish is seriously tasty!


Battambang Seafood Restaurant
1806 S San Gabriel Blvd
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626) 307-3938

No comments: