Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wanchai Ferry Frozen Meals for Two

I was lazier this week than last because instead of cooking my semi-decent dinners, I actually decided to try this bag of Wanchai Ferry Complete Meal for Two. Have you seen those commercials on TV for these meals? The one with mooching panda mascot that does nothing all day but watch your TV and then shares your dinner with you when you cook it. Haven't seen it? You're not missing out. Just to be clear, I am not being paid to write this review, in fact I actually paid for this out of pocket. Yes I AM that lazy.


This is what is inside the bag when you open it: a bag of precooked rice, a bag of orange chicken and a pouch of orange sauce.


And this little bit of frozen veggies at the very bottom of the bag. There was such a small amount that I had to add...


...this other bag of frozen veggies to bulk it up. Plus, that pouch of sauce would have overwhelmed this dish had I not added this extra bag of veggies. 


I did decide to cook my own brown rice to go with this dish instead of using the precooked white rice that came with it. I'll save that bag of rice for another time. I'm pretty sure there will come a time when that little bag of rice will come in handy. Like if I ever get snowed in.

So this is what it looks like with the addition of an extra bag of frozen veggies and freshly cooked brown rice. It made enough for two adult size dinners and 2 servings to take for lunch. Not mind blowing but not bad either, as in I would maybe buy this again. Maybe.


No comments: