Friday, November 4, 2011

Checking Into SF

I was going to start this post by saying that I woke up at the butt crack of dawn to catch my flight to San Francisco this morning but I actually had to get to the airport before the butt crack of dawn. I was so tired! Plus it was doing this outside...


...but it was beautiful in SF when I arrived. This was the first thing I saw when I emerged from the BART. I am so happy that I learned to use the BART the last time I was here with Sister K for the SF Marathon. It is so convenient! I went to my hotel to drop off my luggage because it was too early to check in and headed to Union Square to do some shopping. Weird story but this morning while I was trying on some clothes inside one of the Niketown fitting room, they suddenly had to evacuate the building so I quickly had to put my clothes back on and rush out. I didn't end up going back inside since I had other things to do so I will just have to go back later.


By the time I finally arrived at the Ferry Building, I was really hungry. I had walked 2 BART stops which took about 30 minutes.


After walking around the Ferry Building for a couple of minutes, I decided to have lunch here...


I was in a seafood kind of mood so I decided on the half soup, half sandwich combo.


Manhattan-style clam chowder with Massachusetts clams. I don't normally eat clam chowder because I am lactose intolerant and there is usually cream in it but this one was purely tomato based with tender pieces of clams. It was warm, delicious and went perfectly with my sandwich.


Crab meat sandwich with a side of mixed green salad. Wow, the crab meat was so fresh! Outstanding sandwich! So much so that I need to make sure that I come back here one more time before I leave town.


Beautiful fall colors in the way of these gorgeous melons inside the Ferry Building. I still love that place!


Then I headed to the Hyatt to check in for the Foodbuzz event.


I am not staying at the Hyatt because I found a more affordable hotel nearby and it is great. I will write a review when I get back. I am sitting on this bed right now eating some Godiva chocolates. Yeah sometimes life is great!


I got this cute tote bag stuffed with goodies and some fun gadgets.



Alright, gotta run. I have to get ready for tonight!

No comments: