Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cafe Hiro - Cypress, CA

Last year, I was doing some research online to find a good restaurant to take Sister K to for her birthday. Sister K is a foodie you see and not just any ol' restaurant will do. I'm not sure exactly what I typed in to fin....oh wait...I remember now! I wanted to find a place that was in between LA and OC. This place popped up as it was in Cypress, a good mid point. Plus, they were given high marks on a couple of food review sites that I frequent.




Turns out this place is at a strip mall in the humble city of Cypress. The food is pretty darn amazing. It also carries quite a price tag for being in a strip mall. But the food is high quality. The owner/chef takes part in the making of every single dish that leaves that kitchen. This place has an open kitchen, so you can see the chef and cooks preparing your food. Everything is tasty, but the risotto and some of the pasta dishes are unique and should be tried.

I could not find photos for the the Peking Pork and 'Hamburg' Steak that was had here. Both really good. Perhaps I need to go back and get those photos. :)

Vegetable Curry


This is the Duck "Risotto" and I have no idea why this place puts quotation marks around the word risotto but it is some amazing risotto.


Calamari Frit


Plum Paste & Oba Mint Spaghetti


The last two photos were from a separate trip I made a few months later. I have a good story as to why I only took 2 photos that evening. I may tell that story one day.

Cafe Hiro
10509 Valley View Street
Cypress, CA 90630
(714) 527-6090

1 comment:

Glenn Jones said...

LOL! They also serve "hamurg steak" at Mentatsu in Costa Mesa...