Monday, January 17, 2011

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse

BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse is one of those places that I only go to because either someone else brought up the idea or I'm meeting a group of people there. Don't get me wrong, they have some delicious food but it is all pretty much not very healthy. I'm not the healthiest eater but it is hard to eat healthy here even if I wanted to. I try not to visit this restaurant frequently because it is hard not to give in to all the wonderful smells of pizzas and pizookies! It is essentially a losing battle...for your waistline, not for your taste-buds. Your taste-buds will thank you!

What I have resorted to doing when I do come here is to either order a couple of small  appetizers or a turkey sandwich with everything on the side. Somehow they have a way of making even what seems healthy into something not so much. For example, if you want the bread on your turkey sandwich to be toasted plain, you have to say so...otherwise it will come to you "buttered" and toasted. I tried to order a salad once but the salads are so loaded with cheese, bacon and/or meat that I might as well just order a burger. One time, I actually ask them to make me a romaine salad w/ just avocado and some vinaigrette. I should have just ordered a sandwich. :s

Aside from the food, BJ's is also a brewhouse, so they have tons of beers for you to choose from. I don't drink very often but I know they have beer flights you can sample if you are not sure what you want to order. There are also lots of TVs on the wall at this place. Some big, some small but they all have sports on them. If that is not your thing, don't come here. Also, please note that the wait time is ridiculous (around 45 minutes to 1 hour) around lunch and dinner time, especially on Fri-Sun. I believe you can make a reservation, I would advise that if you plan to come here on a weekend evening. This place is also very crowded during major games or UFC nights.

Chicken Pot Stickers w/ a soy ginger dipping sauce.


Mini Tacos (Barbacoa beef) on corn tortillas.


Half and Half Pizookie (Chocolate Chunk and White Chocolate Macadamia nut).


...with Vanilla Ice Cream on the side.


I normally have the Classic Turkey Sandwich on multi-grain bread. I order this "dry" (with mayo or spread on the side so that I can control how much I put on my sandwich) and remove the cheese. The sandwich is tasty. I love the bread.


Roasted Turkey Cobb Sandwich w/ seasoned wedge fries.


BJ's Favorite Pizza (Deep Dish).

1 comment:

Glenn Jones said...

Whew. I thought you were going to go through a whole post without mentioning the pizza!