Thursday, September 22, 2011

Where Does The Time Go?

The week is flying by! I haven't been blogging too much this week because of work and I've been teaching more spin classes which takes time to prep for. Yesterday I finally decided to hop off the spin bike and go for a run. My running schedule is totally messed up now that I am spinning so much. I didn't know how many miles I would be able to do since I hadn't ran since last week but I managed to get in 10 miles and it felt fine. I'm relieved that I still have running endurance. This weekend I will go out and do my final long run in preparation for Long Beach. I hope it will be enough. Long Beach was suppose to be my PR race but due to my unforeseen liaison with spinning, my training got sidetracked a bit. I actually feel more at ease not to have that pressure.

So yesterday was a double workout day for me as I ran 10 miles in the morning and taught a spin class in the evening. I was really hungry by dinner time. M and I decided to have dinner at Las Fajitas Grill in Irvine. I couldn't remember if I have ever eaten here before and if I had it was so long ago that I cannot remember. So it was new to me.

I love me some salsa bar!



M ordered some enchiladas but I wasn't paying attention so I don't know what kind it is but here's a photo. :)


M was really happy that this place started to offer sope. I had some. It was okay. The bottom crust is too doughy and it could really stand to have a bean layer somewhere in there. Maybe I am just reminiscing about another place.


I ordered these Chicken "Taquitos" with a side of black beans, spanish rice and a generous scope of guac. I put taquitos in parenthesis because these were not deep fried like you would normally find elsewhere. I really appreciated that it was not fried. I also ordered it without cheese which it comes with. I have to say that for $6.49 and even with no cheese and not being fried, this was one heck of a dish! I loved everything about it....everything!!


See? Everything! Not sure why I have not been coming here until now but you can be sure that I will be back and often. :)


Las Fajitas Grill
4250 Barranca Parkway
Irvine, CA 92604
(949) 653-0707

No comments: