Friday, September 2, 2011

Euro Pane Bakery - Pasadena, CA

I must've been tired last Sunday because I just realized that I forgot to take a photo of the front of Euro Pane. It doesn't really matter because it's what's inside that counts. Especially here at Euro Pane where master baker Sumi Chang bakes up some of the most mouth-watering goodies I've ever had. This is the kind of place that I would normally be jealous of had it been in another state or country; you know...someplace too far for me to drive too. Lucky for me this place is within driving distance.

Last Sunday after the dust had settled from the festivities of Sister S.'s baby shower, we all decided to come here for brunch. I had never been to this new location before. They have a smaller shop just down the street but I do not know if that is still there or not.

The focal point of the new restaurant is this large communal table right in the center as you walk in. It is a beautiful piece of wood. I borrowed this photo as there were too many people in the restaurant the day we went for me to have taken a decent photo of the inside. But this is what it looks like. It isn't very large but it is a lot roomier than their other shop, which is comparable to a tiny coffee shop.

Source

Mmmm, right?




Check out all the amazing baked goodies!


 Here, have a closer look.


Sister S. with some fresh squeezed OJ and two Sea Salt Caramel Macarons. 


The biscotti they make here is one of my favorites, only second to the ones I had in Italy. Look at all the pistachios and cranberries. Amazing!




Sister S. and the BIL both ordered French Toast. It was a large serving. They commented after the fact that they could have probably shared one portion. This French Toast is so good, no syrup is required. Talented breakfast food!


Sister K. and I both ordered the Salmon Benedict. It was tasty!


The rest of these photos are from a previous visit to the older location of Euro Pane. They are known throughout the land for their Egg Salad Sandwich and it is indeed something to be reckoned with. It is *the* most delicious egg salad sandwich I've ever had.


From front to back: scone, biscotti and a pistachio macaron. 


I use to get their version of Arnold Palmer all the time. It's been awhile since I've ordered one so I cannot remember the exact mix but don't worry I will go and have one just to be able to describe it better. I know, the things I do for blogging! :)


Euro Pane Bakery
345 E Colorado Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91101
(626) 844-8804

1 comment:

Glenn Jones said...

This is just plain mean. Now I have to go get some breakfast....