Sunday, September 18, 2011

Painting the Octagon

This morning M took me to Marmelade Cafe for breakfast because we always pass by this place and he happened to remember this morning that I had wanted to come here to try it out. Don't you hate it when you walk pass a restaurant and make a mental note to come back but then you forget until six months later when you walk by the same restaurant? No, just me?


M ordered Gilson's Scramble. Who is this Gilson?



I ordered the Egg White Frittata. 


Everything about this dish was uninspired. It was just ordinary and I'm not coming back here again.


After breakfast we went to help some of our coworkers decorate a coworker's office who's birthday is tomorrow. He is turning 50...thereby the Geritol, Ben-Gay and AARP logos...lol. They turned his office into a UFC ring. I was on the mat painting team and spent the day looking at this...


When we were done it looked like this. It took us 5 hours but it was so fun! I have to say that I work with some of the most amazingly creative and talented people anywhere. They never cease to amaze me.


1 comment:

Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. said...

Did you go to the one in the district? I was just there today and actually was wondering about it when I passed by. I've never heard of anyone going there...until now. Glad to know it was sub-par so I don't go and waste my dough :)