Tuesday, February 15, 2011

V-Day on the Fly

I swear this is my last post about Valentine's Day but I just had to write this last post because last night was interesting in the way that up until we got off of work, we had no idea what we were going to do for the big V-Day dinner. No plans, whatsoever.

Then I saw a tweet from the OhForSweetsSake cupcake truck advertising a special for Valentine's Day for a box of 4 cupcakes for $10. Guess where I ended up? I'll get to the cupcakes later.


Since we did not make any reservations, we had no idea who would take us in. Then we decided to head to our local Italian place hoping that the wait wouldn't be too long. We showed up and there wasn't a huge crowd so we walked in and the manager recognized us because we eat there a lot. She asked if we had made reservations and we embarrassingly said 'no'. She said we were foolish for not doing so. We acknowledged our foolishness and said that we would never do this again. She said that she would fit us in and we were seated in 5 seconds.^_^

I am not a big drinker but today was a special day so I said "what the hey". Ok, I didn't really say that but like I said before, I am not a big drinker so last night was kind of fuzzy. Thank goodness I had photos to reference.




My date thought it would be sweet to share a plate of spaghetti, like in the movie Lady and the Tramp. I hope I was 'Lady".


Here are the cupcakes! I was so excited when I opened the box. I had the one in the upper right corner (Red Velvet) and a piece of the one in the lower left corner (Vanilla). However, they were both just okay. I remember the red velvet being better in the past. The Vanilla was not vanilla-y. It's at times like this that I wish I lived closer to Crumbs Bake Shop

No comments: