Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Getting Back on the Running Horse is Not Easy

Gawd, I went out for a hilly-ish 5-mile run this morning and realized that I've lost a bit of cardio strength and endurance from being sick these last few weeks. That route is not easy normally but it was especially difficult today. Finishing the Surf City Half Marathon did give me back some running confidence. I was happy to know that I can at least still run, not very fast but that I can still get it done. It's going to be a slow journey back to my regular running pace but I hope that I will be stronger when it comes time to run LA. More running planned for the rest of this week to get my mileage back up.

So Valentine's Day is coming up next Monday. I was looking for some photos to post from last year but I guess we had a quiet V-Day last year. Also, if you haven't made reservations at a restaurant for this coming Monday, just know that you may be out of luck. As I sadly found out. I guess I will be cooking up a gourmet Valentine's Day meal. :D I just need to remember to turn off the smoke detector before I start cooking.

Here are some photos from two years ago. Some lovely flowers for moi!


And this card...I was really into weight lifting at the time. 


I got this on Valentine's Day too, it isn't what you think it is. I was out on a long run and a dog bit me. I spent most of Valentine's Day morning sitting in the emergency clinic. Good news was that it was not rabies.


Ok, I promise that is the last time I will show this dog bite photo. I'll write another post to make up for it.

No comments: