Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wet Happened? Zippered Wet Bags by Itzy Ritzy - Review

What better way to start off the week after a 3 day weekend then by talking about sweaty gym clothes. If you're like me and work a full time job, I'm sure you are familiar with having to pack a gym bag and take it with you to work to get your workout in during the day or before/after work. Then after you workout, you have to put your sweaty gym clothes in something to tote it back home. If you are classy like me and use Target or those yellow Forever 21 bags to bring your sweaty clothes home, you know that after a couple of uses those bags tend to smell funny, stretch out or worse get holey from wear and tear in your gym bag. This plastic bag system worked okay except I was wondering if there was a more environmentally friendly way. One day I was flipping through an Allure magazine when I saw them mention about these Zippered Wet Bags by Itzy Ritzy in their favorite product section. And since it was near Christmas time, I put this item on my wish list. I got one and I love it so much that I can't bring myself to put stinky gym clothes in it. Don't worry it can handle your stinkiest gym stuff. In fact, Itzy Ritzy is a baby product website and these bags are meant for parents to store reusable cloth diapers during an outing. So you know that they are durable, tough and can handle your stink. They can also store wet bathing suits after a day at the beach.

They come in 2 sizes, small and large. The small bags comes in many designs while the large is only available in 4 design.This is me holding a large bag. I am currently using my bag to hold used small pieces of laundry when I am traveling.


This design here is only available in the small size.



Anyhow, I really love my Wet Bag and will definitely buy a couple more in the future.

1 comment:

Julie D said...

Granted, I re-use my plastic bags after storing gym clothes in them (and airing the bag out, obviously!), so maybe it's not THAT environmentally bad???

I remember storing my college laundry in a big sack during the week, and the sack would get washed with the clothes. So this would probably work just as well. I've gotten sweatier since then, though!