Friday, September 3, 2010

Chado Tea Room - Pasadena, CA

I've been meaning to write this review for so long, it's three years since I first visited Chado Tea Room when my family took me there for my birthday. Seems so long ago. Recently, I had the pleasure of going there again with Sister S and Sister K, so I thought that I should probably write something up before I forget all the wonderful things I ate. I am a HUGE fan of afternoon tea and have had a lot of afternoon teas and this place is good. I haven't found the holy grail place for afternoon tea as some places have amazing scones but bad sandwiches or bad tea selection or bad desserts. Chado is one to try.

Green awnings is typical of store fronts at Old Town Pasadena



So this is me on my birthday some years back when my sisters first took me here. Excuse the dyed hair, I was living fast and loose with the highlights! :D


Afternoon Tea - finger sandwiches, scone and desserts

Look at the cute teapots.

More cute teapots.

This was the second time back to Chado with Sister S and Sister K. Excuse the bad running tan lines and someone should powder their nose and forehead..namely me, pardon the shine!


We actually didn't end up having hot tea. We opted for ice tea since it was summer.


Yum, Nutella sandwiches! Those were THE best strawberries I've ever had.


Tuna sandwiches with green salad and vinaigrette


 Pretty good scone and I'm somewhat of a scone snob.


A lot of merchandise in there but it is still really cute. Doesn't feel crowded at all. It is very bright and cheery in there. Not your typical stuffy English tearoom for sure. Nothing against stuffy, because I love any place that serves afternoon tea mind you.


So many cute tea cups that I wanted to buy



I ordered the Cherry Sencha...



...and this is what it looks like. All teas come unsweetened.





 Look how pretty their ice teas are. 


Chado Tea Room
79 N Raymond Ave
Pasadena, CA 91103-3919
(626) 431-2832

No comments: