Wednesday, June 2, 2010

National Running Day?

Today is National Running Day, but why and who decided that June 2 would be THE day? I want to know!

Anyways, I went into the gym this morning to see how my legs are feeling and they are still sore. So I hopped on the treadmill and walked for 2.5 miles at a brisk pace. I'm glad I did that as I am feeling less sore now. So no running for me on National Running Day which was what lead me to wonder who decided that today would be a good day to run...haha.

Also, yesterday I finally decided to sit down and look over the logistical info for the SD RnR Marathon and noticed that it is going to be a pain in the butt to get around the race in that area. I mean we are talking about cars, shuttles, and even trolleys. It would probably be a lot easier to be air dropped at the start line. Does anyone own a helicopter? So I am staying at a hotel about 1.2 miles from the starting line and I've managed to map out my plan of attack for getting to the starting area and the closest Italian restaurant...hahaha. BTW, If anyone is doing a meet up for dinner, please invite me, especially if you guys have reservations to some better restaurant than me! :d

5 comments:

Julie D said...

Yeah, sucky logistics. For dinner, I am hoping to eat in my hotel room and just be as immobile as possible. We'll probably pick up food somewhere and bring it back. Come join if it's not too ghetto for you to come with...

ilovesteaks said...

Most likely I'll be eating solo at the Santouka in Kearny Mesa.

Glenn Jones said...

Does you hotel have a shuttle to the start? If not, check out the Omni. Last year they had a $5 shuttle. Anyone (not just hotel guests) could pick it up. It beats walking a mile to the start.

I'm driving in Sunday AM, so it will be an early morning for me (thinking like 2AM from OC). What coral are you in? I'll be roaming at the start line....

Julie D said...

New thought for dinner: Extraordinary Desserts... 0.2 mi from the hotel??? I will go if you do! (They have food in addition to desserts)

Jeri said...

good luck this weekend! if I had a heli I would totally lend it to you. ;)